We are fortunate enough to receive a generous amount of money from the Annual Charity Bazaar which is solely used for Social Welfare’s various institutions’ needs. We owe these to our ever so dedicated & supportive WIC members, Honorary Members, Ambassadors and their spouses designated at the embassies in Indonesia and those entrepreneurs of the business communities who participate in our bazaar every year. The WIC Annual Charity Bazaar is not only a great attraction to the public but is of immense significance to the needy.
In order to accept a particular institution, we need to ensure and ascertain that all requirements needed are fulfilled. Be it for the children or the elderly, the unfortunate or the mentally or physically challenged, there are specific procedures which we adhere to.
Upon receipt of request, visits and interviews are of utmost importance before the approval of support. There are no cash transactions but instead assistance is provided in the form of food items, provisions, trainers and physic-therapist for special needs children.
In the Social Welfare Committee, a few ladies are assigned as “Foster Aunts” to each institution, who are mainly in-charge of contacting and coordinating with them.
Institutions currently supported by WIC
These are the 14 Institutions under Social Welfare:
For Children :
1. Yayasan El Safan : an Institution for the blind
2. Yayasan Bhakti Kasih : an orphanage
3. Yayasan Al Muttaqin : an orphanage
4. Wisma Pius (Yayasan Sinar Pelangi) : an orphanage
5. SLB C Winasis : a school for mentally and physically challenged children
6. Yayasan Pendidikan Islam An Nur : an orphanage
7. Panti Asuhan Dorkas : an orphanage
8. Yayasan Rumpun Pesisir : an orphanage
9. Yayasan Panti Asuhan Al Amanah : an orphanage
10. Yayasan Swara Peduli Indonesia Jakarta : School for neighbourhood children whose parents work as ragpickers
1. Kelompok Lansia Nuri
2. Home Care TegalAlur : Home care program for seniors
3. Posyandu LansiaCempaka5 : home care program for seniors
4. Kelompok Lansia Wijaya Kesuma
WOMEN'S INTERNATIONAL CLUB JAKARTA
Subscribe to our bulletin
Gedung Nyi Ageng Serang, 4th Floor
Jl. H.R.Rasuna Said Kav. C-22 Kuningan, Jakarta 12920